How to Install AKonnect?Open or Close
You can install AKonnect by clicking on link corresponding to your Phone OS (Android, Apple, etc) from Home Page.
Alternatively, you can go to the App Store or Play store of your Smartphone and search for “AKonnect”.
I am unable to complete my activation. Registration/Activation Completion HelpOpen or Close
If you are unable to complete the registration/activation process after installing AKonnect, the reason being you didn't receive the Verification Code or have entered an incorrect Email ID or have trouble selecting your location and do not know what to do next.
We are here to help and guide you to complete your Activation.
Please follow the below instructions to complete the "Registration and Activation" process.
• Please update the AKonnect app to the latest version from the Google Play Store for Android and Apple AppStore for iOS.
• Please launch the app.
• If the app displays the "Verification Page" and your "Registration Email ID / Mobile No." is correct then click on the "Resend Verification Code" button to receive the "Verification Code" again via email / SMS. (If you still didn't get the Verification Code please check your email's spam folder)
• If you want to change the "Registration Email ID / Mobile No. then click "Restart Registration" button and register again with a new Email ID or Mobile No.
• If the app displays the "Activation Page", please fill in your details - First Name, Last Name, Mobile Number and click the "Next" button.
• In the Activation Page's "Select Location" view Select your Country followed by the State and the City. Then select the Subcenter from the list if it is available, otherwise just select ALL. ( NOTE: In case your State or City is not listed in the list, please email us your State and City to Akonnect@dadabhagwan.org. We will update the list and get back to you. )
• After selecting your Location click Next to select Languages and Categories and then click Activate. After successful activation you would see the Inbox page and start receiving the latest updates via messages.
• PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MESSAGES UNTIL ACTIVATION PROCESS IS COMPLETED.
If you are facing any other issues please refer to other questions on this page or you can email us at Akonnect@dadabhagwan.org with the details of the problem/issue you are facing.
Do I need Internet to install this App and use the App?Open or Close
• Yes, you will need the Internet to install the App from the App Store.
• You will need Internet to receive new messages, download Images and Videos. Once downloaded, you can view them even after the internet is switched off or offline.
Will I be charged for using the AKonnect?Open or Close
• We do not charge for using AKonnect, but you will be charged for using the Internet by your Carrier /Internet service provider.
• We recommend you check with your Carrier about your active data plan to avoid over-billing.
What if I don’t have an email id?Open or Close
If you are in India, you can use your mobile number for registration.
If you are based overseas, you can use your friends email id for registration; your friend’s email id will be used only once for providing a Verification code for registration.
I entered email id /phone number, now what?Open or Close
You will receive a verification code by email/SMS, enter this code and press verify for confirmation.
I did not receive the codeOpen or Close
We will resend the code; Press the “Resend code” to receive a fresh code.
Personal details, will my details be given to a third party?Open or Close
I don’t have a centre, what do I do?Open or Close
Don’t worry, just select the closest city to your place and select “all” in sub centre.
I don’t have a Sub Centre, now what?Open or Close
My City or State is not listed, now what?Open or Close
Please send your location details (Country/State/City) by email to Akonnect@dadabhagwan.org. We will guide you for selecting an appropriate location. Until then, you can select ‘Others’ and proceed.
Languages, what languages?Open or Close
English, Gujarati, Hindi, German, Portuguese and Spanish for now. We recommend that you select your preferred language but please note, on certain occasion’s we may have to send it in English due to urgency.
Which Categories should I select?Open or Close
We recommend you select all because we don’t want you to miss any vital information. However, if you feel that you will be burdened too much with information, you can always opt out of categories that are not relevant to you later on from the profile menu. If you are not sure just keep everything selected.
How will I know that I have received a new message?Open or Close
• You will receive a notification, provided your internet is on.
• On tapping the notification, you will be taken straight to the message in the App.
Where are my old messages? (e.g one month old)Open or Close
We will show only latest 10 messages. However if want to see older messages, scroll to the end of list and tap “load more messages” button.
Can I see the images in full screen?Open or Close
Yes, simply tap on the image to open it in full screen and you can pinch-zoom into the image.
I feel that I am not receiving messages for a while nowOpen or Close
• Internet connection: Make sure that your data connection is on or make sure that other applications such antivirus is not blocking it.
• For Android:. This App uses Google play services, so make sure that your data usage settings do not block Google Services.
• Enable Notifications: Make sure that your notifications are not turned off on your mobile. Please refer to snapshots.
• Hit the refresh button to download new messages.
I am not receiving a particular type of message i.e. Aptasutra of the dayOpen or Close
• You will receive messages only for the categories you have subscribed for.
• To double check, you can go to the Profile menu and then hit next until you come to “Select categories” page appears.
• Make sure your preferred categories are selected.
• The same thing applies to languages.
I feel that this App is not working properly (bug), what do I do?Open or Close
• You can report this issue by going to the about page and click in report issue button. Please write the description of the issue and click send button.
• To help us understand the issue better, please include maximum information possible. For example “When I tap an image attachment it doesn’t open up in full screen”. Please specify the exact issue and NOT “App is not working”.
How do I know when the latest update version is out?Open or Close
We will notify you by sending you a message.
Can I install this App on multiple devices, i.e Phone and tabletOpen or Close
Yes you can install on multiple devices and use the same email id/phone number. Please note that your profile will be shared across all the devices.
Can I use my email id to register other people’s (Family & Friends) phones or tablets?Open or Close
Yes you can but we recommend that if possible, use each individual’s email id/phone your profile will be linked with your Email id/Phone.
I realised that I entered a wrong email id or phone, what should I do?Open or Close
• Android App users go to settings > Apps > AKonnect and hit “clear data” button.
• Apple users, you need to delete the App and reinstall the App.
My Android or Apple os will be upgraded to a new version, Will I have to reinstall AKonnect?Open or Close
It depends on the update, however be assured that you will get the last 25 messages.
I am buying a New Phone; Will I lose my old messages?Open or Close
Only the last 25 messages will be preserved. If there is anything old that you would like to keep, please share it via email or Whatsapp from your old phone before installing the App on the new phone.